Sending Samples to the USA for testing
In order to ensure that your samples arrive at IDFL with no delay and pass customs requirements, please take the following steps:
If sending bulk down:
- Place bulk down material in a sewn cloth pillow
- Write on sample, “Down Sample for Research from Finished product”
If sending a finished product:
- Write “Sample for Testing” on the product or packaging
- On customs form, state the product is a finished product
Bulk or finished product documentation:
- Include an original signed document stating:
- “The exported materials bear samples of Feather / Down taken from or destined for finished jackets, pillows and other down filled products.”
- Document must correspond to the shipment by means of an invoice number or shipping marks, lot number or other sample identification method.
- “The material is clean, dry, and free from blood, skin, and manure. The material was subjected to a heat treatment of 120° C for 30 minutes prior to export.”
If all of these documents are included, a veterinary health certificate is not needed with the sample, and the sample should clear customs without problems. Please contact IDFL at any time with questions.